From I95/ Maine Turnpike (from the south):
- Get off I95 at exit 44, I295 exit and proceed through toll booth (you can avoid an additional toll by getting off at exit 45, Maine Mall exit and locating the turn off for I295 a short distance after tollbooth barrier).
- Once you have gotten onto I295, take the Commercial Street, Waterfront Exit which is Exit 4.
- You will go over your first bridge, stay in the right lane and then bear to the right, merging onto Commercial Street.
- Once on Commercial Street you will see the Casco Bay Bridge up ahead, when approaching the bridge get into the left lane and turn onto the bridge.
- Go through the primary set of lights at the end of the bridge, staying in the left forward lane, merging with Broadway in South Portland, Maine. If the lighthouse is open at this point you will begin seeing signs. (You can still walk out to the lighthouse even if it is not open you just can't tour the interior.)
- Once on Broadway, stay in the middle lane to go straight through the lights, follow Broadway all the way to the end where it merges with Benjamin W. Pickett St.., turn right onto that street and then turn left onto Fort Road.
- Follow Fort Road past Southern Maine Community College to the end, you will see a small parking lot to your right at the bottom of the hill.
- You have found Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse, the Breakwater and Fort Preble, enjoy your stay!
From the North:
- Get off at exit 45, Maine Mall exit, go straight through the tollbooth barrier area and locate the turn off for I295.
- Once on I295 follow the exact same directions as above.